Hello Friends!!! Greetings From Podhini Dairy Products…
In this blog, we are going to see the Preparation of Rava Kesari in the traditional method with Podhini Pure Ghee...
Rava Kesari or Rava saga is a rich sweet dish made during the festival of Diwali as well as the normal functions like marriages, parties, etc… The one we prepared today was healthy because we use Authentic Pure Podhini ghee. which is commonly used in South Indian households. Come Let’s make Rava Kesari for this Diwali with Podhini Pure Ghee.
INGREDIENTS For Rava Kesari:
For Frying Dry Fruits and Rava:
• 2 to 6 tablespoons of Podhini Pure Ghee (clarified butter)
• 3 to 4 tablespoons cashews
• 1 tablespoon raisins
• 1 to ¼ cup fine Rava
For jaggery Solution:
• 1 to 1/4 cup jaggery
• 2.5 cups water or milk
• 2 to 3 pinches saffron strands
Other Ingredients: ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
How to make Rava Kesari Recipe:
• Step 1 – Making jaggery syrup
• Step 2 –Frying dry fruits
• Step 3 – Roasting rava
• Step 4 – Making Kesari Making Jaggery Syrup:
1 Take 1 to 1/4 cup jaggery in a saucepan.
2. Add 2.5 cups of water
3. Keep the pan on the stovetop and on a medium to medium-high flame begin to heat the jaggery solution.
4. When you keep the pan on the stove-top for heating, at that time stir with a spoon so that all the jaggery is dissolved.
5. Bring this jaggery solution to a rolling boil
6. Finally, filter the jaggery solutions to remove the impurities.
Frying dry fruits
1. In a heavy Kadai or a thick bottomed pan take 6 tablespoons of Podhini Pure ghee.
2. Heat Podhini Pure ghee on a medium-low flame till it melts completely.
3. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons cashews.
4. Begin to fry cashews stirring them often.
5. Fry cashews till golden.
6. Next add 1 tablespoon raisins in the hot ghee.
7. As soon as the raisins become plump, remove them and keep them aside along with the fried cashews.
1. Now reduce the flame to a low and add 1 to 1/4 cup fine Rava to the ghee.
2. Combine and mix the Rava with the ghee.
3. Stir frequently while roasting Rava for even cooking.
4. The color of the Rava should not become brown. Roasting Rava takes approx 9 to 11 minutes on a low to medium-low flame.
5. Roast till you can see our Podhini Pure ghee getting separated and the color of the Rava will also change. A nice aroma will also come from the roasted Rava.
Making Rava Kesari:
1. Lower the flame and now carefully pour the jaggery solution in the hot ghee-Rava mixture in a steady stream and slowly.
2. Take care while pouring as the mixture splutters. In this Kesari recipe, lumps are not formed as the quantity of water is more. In case if lumps do form then just break them with the spatula or spoon.
3. The Rava will absorb the water and swell and the mixture will begin to thicken. It will be soft and moist and the consistency will be like that of smooth pudding.
4. When the mixture starts thickening, add the fried cashews and raisins and add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder and mix very well.
5. Stir till the mixture releases some Podhini Pure ghee and the Rava has absorbed all the water and cooked well.
1. Then switch off the flame and cover the pan for 5 minutes just to allow the Kesari to steam.
2. After five minutes, remove the lid and give a stir.
That’s All !!! We had prepared the sweetest Rava Kesari with our Podhini Pure Ghee … Enjoy With Your Family and Friends!!!.
Order Podhini Pure Ghee @ https://podhini.com and we will deliver at your doorstep.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/podhinidairy…
Follow Us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/podhinidair…
For Direct Enquiry / Whatsapp:+91 – 99166 84477
Manufacturing Unit Address : Navakani road,ambilikkai (p.o),oddanchatram(t.k),Dindigul, Tamil Nadu 624612